Thursday, July 10, 2008

In Down Under

I saw the kick ass superb architecture of the opera house, passed by the Harbour bridge, cuddled a kuala bear (or i should say marsupial) and fed a kangaroo, but i still cant believe im in Australia right now. Let me repeat that.. I still cant believe im in Australia right now.

Everything has been pretty overwhelming and i can only be grateful to everyone who made this experience possible. Mister God truelly has His ways. Last Thursday, I got my Australian Visa, the next day after that, Friday, my mom booked me a ticket and Monday i was off to Manila for my flight to Sydney with a pit stop in Brisbane. If that wasnt fast i dont know why the idea of being here is still sinking in.

When I got the approval letter as volunteer around the first day of June, everything somehow escalated from there. There were a couple of setbacks but at the end of the day, at the end of every day that im in Australia, the thing that sticks in my head is im here for what i should be here for and its a Good Day Mate!

I already got my volunteer ID and uniforms yesterday with my cousin Jen who is very very helpful. Aldrin will be flying from melbourne tomorrow and I'll be picking him up at the airport with his cousin. We're both thankful that he got a volunteer role the same as mine's even if it was on short notice. Nonetheless, Im happy having this experience and having loads of people who are a part of it from day one that i thought of joining the World Youth Day.

Gail, you are our angel..

Good Day Mate!

3 comments:

Aldrin said...

I'll see you tomorrow...tsugz

Abigail said...

awww...

and you're my angel Tenz

Aldrin said...

i love you. i still try to be ok. missing you badly.