Friday, August 6, 2004

Coffee with Tito

Earlier today my tito text me to go to the mall and meet up with him. I kinda hurried to take a bath and dress up since my ass wasnt able to wake up for my 7:30 Social Orientation class (sorry sir chito hehehe). My tito was sipping his usual brewed coffee while reading a newspaper. When i got near his table i kissed him on the cheek (hindi ako nagmamano sakanya) and sat on the table. He asked me to order a drink and a bite too.

Tito asked me about my week. I told him the usual school stuffs and the boredness of college. He laughed about my story of pervert professors and the current scandal that has been happening in the campus. As i sip my cappuccinno and had a pause. I looked at my tito and the idea that his being like a dad to me suddenly came up. My dad and i never talk about this kind of stuff. I cant tell him jokes, sarcastically describe my life and even share a cup of coffee with him. I have to take credit for my tito for being addicted to caffeine.

My tito is still a bachelor and i assume has no plans of getting married. Im not certain how old he is all i know he's in his mid 30's and younger than my dad. As far as i could remember i havent seen him dating or heard his dating some chick. His too preoccupied with his bussiness and his obsession for mountain bikes, scuba diving and travelling. I myself wished he'd stay single for the rest or my life. It seems difficult to be still close to him when he's gonna have a wife and kids of his own especially that im the sort of favorite niece (hehehe).

We talked about books since he asked me about the coelho mania im getting myself into and the books he bought for me a month ago. I told him i have finished it all and i would appreciate if i buys me more hehehehe.

To, heard of the the vinci code?

diba nabasa na na nimo sa barne's? (diba nabasa mo na yan sa barnes)

wala pa, nakita lang nako. (hindi pa, nakita ko lang)

Its a good book. You should read it.

Palit ta to? hehehehe

(grins) ok later sa national.

My tito is so generous and i mean that with all my heart. Though his not the type whod give cell cards and gimik money he'd buy us books, shirts when he goes out of the country and pasalubongs of dunkin donuts and pizza when he gets home from work. His gonna be a good father to his family but for now his sticking with us, his stubborn nephew and neices. I was sad about the rumors that his gay and all those shit. So ok i had a hinch he was because of his unusual closeness with tito ming (his dentist friend) and the nude picture of a guy on his camera. But i just let it pass my mind. So what if he is or maybe his not. He might be homosexual, bisexual or whatever he maybe his still my tito and i have high respect for him. Im mad that people associate his being girlfriendless to assume the gossip that his not straight. Thats too shallow! For now i really dont care of what people think of him. I know that infront of me is a man who loads a responsibilty not meant for him. Taking care of us aint an easy task and im so thankful to him for the effort he does and the book im gonna be addicted to this week hehehehe.

and even if i confirm he is gay (but i cross my fingers on that) id still call him tito!! lol

No comments: