Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Right Complicated Thing

Carlo said, "some people will always be who they are".

He did have a good point.

Therefore, he, the one who's name that should not be said was a jerk and will always be a jerk.

Telling her the truth about her nothing less than a jerk boyfriend would mean we might go back to the times when we were "invisible bestfiends". Not telling her would lead to our friendship having secret plots of me trying to salvage her asshole boyfriend.

Its common knowledge to my friends that i have issues with people who cheats. I can tolerate substance abuse but fooling around when one is attached is a big no no. I guess when it comes to relationships and commitments i just have a certain stand, cheating is never conventional. And id like to live up with that as much as i can.

Thats why sometimes id rather not know about who got caught sleeping with whoever because somehow it affects me though indirectly. I hate going back to the time when the one person i used to trust so much messed up and just blew almost everything. I dont want that, i dont want my friends to regret ever trusting someone too much. But then again, the world is fucked up as it is and i can only hope they dont end up with someone who has polygamous as middle name.

Im in some tough spot right now and this kind of things makes me realize not only that i have a working conscience but also what it takes to be a good friend. The people involved are close to me and its not a relief knowing that theres no middle ground. I cant play mute for long because if this shit happens to me, as much as it would hurt I want my friends to do the same, be honest with me.

In one way or another someone will get hurt and hate my guts. But someone must know, learn and grow up.

It never dawned into me that at times doing the right thing is not as easy as it seems. Sometimes the right thing tantamounts to what makes things a lot complicated.

4 comments:

samplawer said...

what a dilemma.. likewise, id love for my friends (the ones i say my really close friends) to be totally honest with me and not coat words with tempting sweetnes... just straightforward, blunt hurtful but truthful words or news... though it will hurt me like mad and curse them for being honest, they'd help me grow and perhaps wake me up to reality.. but then again.. it will always be up to me to accept or be blind... there. my 2 pence... miss you tenzy!

Anonymous said...

good point! :D

good thing you don't know my father :D hahahaha

Athens said...

gie: that made a lot of sense gie thanks. its just so hard for me to deliver news that i know would hurt and whats worse I know that my friend would take it against me. I just wish that this issue would finally open her thoughts up to make a better judgement. i still believe she doesnt deserve such jerk.

bevz: pareho sila ug club sa akong papa dai? hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

hello! ba, lahat sila sa blogspot lumipat. :) the blog-city neighborhood reborn. Anyway, i am blogging at slowreinvention.blogdrive.com. LInk ta ka didto ha... and btw, belated, belated birthday greetings (sept. 8).

halong.

-greenjell-o/gene