Friday, September 7, 2007

Nightly Recap

On our way home last tuesday night from history class, Shahani and I had the usual "in retrospect" talk. I forgot how we started walking together after class till we reach the corner of Mt. Apo and Quirino but i've just noticed that in those walks we get to share each other's piece of mind about something. Whether it was about the latest classroom gossip, teachers who's teaching method (aka reading out loud in class) sends us to the pits of boredom, and on a more "socially involved" level, the human security act of 2007.

We talk things at total random and think about it differently too. Shahani, i should say is more of a conservative at most matters especially about relationships, religion and our course. I on the other hand is somewhat liberal and outspoken, even profane at a certain point. It's a clash of opinion and views come to think of it, but we found a way to just accept each other's drift.

There are times that we both agree on something and I like it since I get to see her assertiveness. I think thats really one of her assets. And knowing the fact that she's determined and focus with our course, i know she would be a good advocate.

Given our different ways to view things, there are certain topics that we cant agree with together. She believes this way, i think otherwise and vice versa. Its those moments that maturity is tested by not trying to pull each other's hair out amidst repelling views hehe. But seriously, i find such conversations healthy, in a way that it perks up my intoxicated neurons and makes you draw the conclusion that this person is totally not boring. Here is somebody i like talking to because i can get sense out of myself without restrictions. And in some way im trying to radiate that realization to her because i think others just cant get her.

On one talk, i remember telling her that good friends should not just understand each other but simply accept. She argued that in order to accept one must first understand. My point was, there are certain things that we just cant comprehend as much as we want to. Things that are too complicated for the human brain to digest and find the reason behind. But if we accept thats its just the way they are with only the underlying reason of because you just do, things gets easier.

She gave me a dumbfounded look.

It was my cue to give her an analogy.

So i said: "I can never understand the way Sheila almost do somersaults when hearing a good news but I accepted that. Or why you like to be the next in line Nightingale, that is seriously something I cannot understand but hey I accepted it".

She paused a bit and I knew somehow my point was taken. And being the bookish person that she is she asked me where the hell did i got such idea. All I said was, "a thing you wouldn't understand and wont dare to literally take in your system".

No comments: